Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bring on the Turkeys

I was dreading my return to work, as most new moms probably do. At least, it is my belief, that to some extent this is a difficult transition for most new moms. I thought I wanted to quit, but was torn b/c I knew it would be extremely difficult if I ever wanted to be a F/A again, and let's face it... i did not want to lose my travel benefits. September was tough. The first trip was very hard and I cried multiple times, right into people's diet coke! Everyone was very nice, and trust me I told EVERYONE what was wrong. So, I went into October thinking.. "I will quit soon, but I have to work for the next few months, so I will do it."

Here is the good news, I am going into November with a much different attitude. I am excited about it. I have come to the conclusion, that I need to work. It helps my attitude, it helps my state of mind, and it, well, just helps! A couple of my mom friends told me to hang onto it. That it was part-timeish and I would be thankful for it. I did not believe them, NOT AT ALL.

I still get a bit jealous of the SAHM friends, when I have to miss something, or Gates has to miss something.

Now, just so you know, these are my thoughts as I begin November, I will let you know how I feel after dealing with the holiday travelers, and the busiest travel day of the year. My attitude going into December might very well be DRAMATICALLY different!

No comments: