Thursday, March 5, 2009

when you begin on the wrong foot....

I am on reserve this month. Basically, that means on-call. So today my assignment was airport standby, basically that means sitting at the airport for 6 hours and maybe going on a trip. ;)
So, I am getting ready to leave my house to sign in for my standby, and there are 4 things I always make sure I have before I leave my house. My ID, check. my, (work) keys, check. My make-up bag, check ( I left it once before). Last but certainly not least my wallet, OH NO! My wallet was in the diaper bag. At the babysitter's house. CRAP.

I leave my house in a frustrated hurry, to try and get it from the diaper bag. 7 minutes from my house I wonder if I blew out my candle, and turn around go back home, and yes I had... I get back into my car, go to the babysitter's house and get my wallet from under the mat. It was under tha mat to avoid baby and mommy seeing each other. I am quite certain one or both of us would have had a melt down.

Onward Christian Soldier, to the airport I go. I sit, sit, sit for 3 hours. Then the call comes. I go to the gate to preboard a LGA flight. Once I get there, I get a call that I have a different trip on my schedule and I have abou 1.5 hours until I leave.

So, I cruise on over to the A terminal to get a bite, and some cash. I put my ATM card in to get some cash and "invalid pin" is what I get instead of 40 bucks. GREAT? I got a new card, cut up the old one, and did not wait for my new pin in the mail. I am going on a 3 day and need some money here!!! So, I make the call to try and figure it out, I get a nice woman on the phone and she tells me to get my pen and paper ready. OK. My pen explodes as I take it out of my bag. I now have blue pen ink on my hands, paper, and my face. All over my face. Why? because I uncapped my pen unknowingly with my teeth, and then realized it had exploded. I now have less than an hour to get on my plane, and need the money so I am writing with my ink spilling everywhere and trying to get my new pin number! I get my info, duck my head into the bathroom, clean my face (hands were beyond cleaning) and make the call. YES! A new PIN number, and some cash for the road!

Hopefully, tomorrow starts off on a more rested, smoother foot!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for the laugh! I can just picture it...

Amy said...

Oh I do hope you had a better morning.

Zoe-D said...

What a crappy day! But funny. :-)