Tuesday, June 30, 2009

shove, shove, crush, crush
My bag must fit, I am in a rush.
It is overpacked and an inch too long
I must prove that flight attendant all wrong.

I know I can make it fit in the little bin
everyone is watching me. I MUST WIN...
Here she comes, she will take it away
she will check my bag, and make me pay.

Off it goes, my big fat bag.
She gave me half of it's claim tag.
I will get it back when I get to that place
Flight Attendant, wipe that snear off your face!

I guess I was wrong it just wouldn't fit.
I looked like the biggest dimwit.
Trying so hard to stuff and to shove.
It just wouldn't fit in that bin up above.

I have learned my lesson and next time I won't pack
my entire house up in one big fat sack.
I will check my belongings, even if I must pay.
Really it is just much easier that way!!!

4 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Mallie, you crack me up! This was great!

Diane said...

Loved this post! So visual....we have all seen this happen...countless times. Great meter and rhyme!

The Hake Family said...

Love it!!

Ruth said...

Oh, Mallie. You did it again! Sooo funny--you need a book deal!! Seriously!