Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Drunk, Another Dollar...

I had to throw off another drunk. I guess it is this economy. ;) I mean in 9.5 years, I have had to throw of 3 people for being intoxicated. 2 in the last 2 weeks! Nuts! This guy asked me if I was a flight attendant as I was closing OHBs before departure. (you know we wear uniforms, distinct uniforms at that)... and I told him yes, I was a f/a.... He wanted a beer. I asked him if he was drunk... his response a classic, "I wanna be"!! He could hardly make it off of the plane. (even with my foot in his rear) metaphorically of course...

Well, my company has announced that they will be laying off up to 1200 flight attendants. Seems like a massive number to me. I will be getting a notice to furlough this week. I need 123 people to take leaves in order to keep my job. Can you imagine, 9.5 years in a company entirely based on seniority, and I am in danger of losing my job. On this note (sorta) the average age of a flight attendant is 48.6. I am 16 years younger than the average! My my, it makes me feel so young. When/if they ever start hiring again, and I am alongside 20 year olds I will not know what to do....

I am off for a few weeks, mom is having her surgery... Next month= reserve. Lots of neat stories then, I am sure!

No comments: